Hi lovelies, I’m back! It’s been quite a long time since I’ve popped up on GGG, and unfortunately, it’s because I’ve been very ill. February has been a rough month health wise and yet what I thought was bad, turned even worse last week. After numerous doctors appointments, more herbal supplements than I can count, we still don’t exactly know what was wrong with me. I’ll spare you all the details but it was probably the sickest I’ve been in my whole life. (And coming from me and many medical issues, that’s saying something.) But rather drone on and on about how bad I was feeling, I’d rather talk about something more fun… like Oscar dresses!
I thought that almost everyone looked phenomenal at the Oscars and loved that the ladies were embracing and embodying old Hollywood glamour. Here are my top pics…
Back in Black (and Silver)
- Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab Haute Couture: Though this silhouette and style are nothing new, Sandra looked absolutely perfect in this gorgeous gown. I love how she kept her hair sleek and simple and loved how only the bottom 1/3 of the gown was actually sheer making it a beautiful, tasteful choice.
- Halle Berry in Versace: I’m not usually a huge fan of Halle’s red carpet choices but I’m loving this art deco dress. The vertical stripes are so on-trend and no one could pull off this dress like Halle Berry with her amazing figure.
- Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan: I absolutely loved this dress and it’s a pattern that we haven’t really see before. I think the black band perfectly emphasizes her tiny waist and love that she kept her accessories simple (with George Clooney on your arm, what else do you need?)
But the most surprising and the winner in my book of the best silver look? None other than First Lady, Michelle Obama in a custom Naeem Khan gown.
- Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta: If I were going to the Oscars, I would pick a gown just like this. It’s romantic and elegant while still being princessy at the same time.
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture: Besides taking a tumble on her way to receive her Best Actress award, Lawrence looked beautiful in this blush colored dress with a major train that was both youthful and daring.
- Jennifer Aniston in Valentino: This is a departure from Aniston’s usual red carpet attire and I loved it. I think she looked beautiful in this punchy red and the design is classic just like Aniston herself.
I also have to give a special shoutout to Les Miserables actress Samantha Barks, who looked flawless in this gorgeous gown and despite searching for quite some time, I can’t find the designer. Hope the details will come out soon!
And the worst look of the evening? Goes to Real Housewife of Beverly Hills aka archnemesis of Leanne Rimes, Brandi Glanville. I’m not sure why she was at the Oscars or what stylist let her walk the red carpet in this…
-Did you watch the Oscars?
-Who was on your best and worst dressed list?